Why car windshield repair is important
Chips and cracks in your windshield can happen at any time. Even the smallest rocks and debris have the potential to damage the glass on your vehicle. When a rock kicks up, smacks the glass, and chips it, you may see it as an annoyance, but it is more dangerous than you may realize. There are several reasons why immediate car windshield repair is important.
Chips in Car Windshield
Any imperfection in the glass compromises the integrity of the windshield. A minor chip may seem harmless, but it will eventually become more than a tiny eyesore.
- Small chips can spider into bigger stars, which may reflect sunlight into a driver’s eyes.
- Chips, even the smallest, are a distraction. Automatically, often subconsciously, a driver’s focus will revert to the chip.
- Chips spread into cracks, increasing the chance of having to replace the entire windshield.
- Promptly repairing a chip makes the job easier, more effective, and is most cost-effective.
Cracks in Car Windshield
When a windshield cracks, whether or not the crack originated as a chip, driver safety is the biggest concern. Don’t put off an immediate repair or replacement.
- Cracks cause blind spots, impairing visibility and increasing the chance of an accident.
- In the case of an accident, an inflated airbag will shatter a cracked windshield. This causes dangerous debris. Also, the airbag may not protect the driver as well as it’s supposed to due to its impact with a damaged windshield.
- A cracked windshield is a weak windshield and, upon impact, is not strong enough to support the surrounding frame. This increases the possibility of injury during an accident.
If you have a chipped or cracked windshield, it is imperative to get it checked and repaired by a professional immediately. To prevent worsening of the damage and increase safety, don’t delay.
To learn more about car windshield repairs and windshield safety, or for a free quote for your damaged glass, please contact us.